GRD are currently the lead on the County Galway Integration and Diversity Strategy (2013-2017). As part of a new initiative, GRD is now inviting applications from suitably qualified organisations/schools, with experience of working with children at risk of early school leaving but particularly those from the Traveller and minority ethnic communities, to access a PILOT Homework Support Programme in County Galway in 2016.
GRD Commitment:- GRD will manage the programme in conjunction with the steering committee.
- GRD will employ one Home-work Club Co-ordinator per project supported. These will be employed for a maximum of 8 hours per week (to allow for four afternoons per week with 1 ½ hour homework club and ½ hour preparation time each day)
- GRD will liaise with relevant parties to ensure that the children most in need are targeted.
- GRD will draw up a service level agreement to support the successful implementation of the programme in each area.
Requirements for involvement:
- - The organisation/school should have a proven track record of dealing with travellers/ethnic minorities and have a strong community development ethos
- - The organisation/school must have access to a suitable venue and cover the costs of heat/light and electricity
- - The organisation/school will be responsible for their own insurance
- - The organisation/school must undertake to provide a healthy daily snack
- - The organisation/school will be responsible for the provision of additional support staff if necessary.
- - All parties involved will adhere to the relevant Child Protection Polices
- - The organisation/school will report on activities and outcomes to Galway Rural Development
- - The organisation/school will become part of the steering committee for the Home work club
Please complete the application form via the link here: Application to participate in Homework Support Programme
Return to Breda Coyle, Education Officer, Galway Rural Development Co. Ltd., Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co. Galway or email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday 8th July 2016.
Further information can also be sought from Breda Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The implementation of this project is subject to availability of funding.