Galway Chamber of Commerce are running a series of events which might be of interest to local businesses and start-ups.
Regional Outlook for SMEs 2019 – Breakfast Briefing
Mark Kellett, CEO of Magnet, will present the Magnet Regional Business Barometer (MRBB) 2016 which will provide an outlook for SMEs in the West for 2016 including the following topics;
• Predicted growth for SMEs in the West.
• Business sentiment.
• Cloud adoption.
• Recruitment challenges.
• Mobility options for regional businesses.
Conducted by Amárach Research with over 500 SMEs taking part it is one of the largest pieces of SME research in Ireland. This is the second year of the study and speaking of the research Kellett said: “With a significant upturn in the economy in 2015 it will be really interesting to see if and how this has permeated into the regions. For the first time we’ll be able to compare attitudes year-on-year and see if businesses have followed through on some of the plans voiced last year.”
Date: Tuesday 23rd February 2016
Time: 7.45am - 9.30am
Venue: Maldron Hotel, Sandy Road, Galway (formerly Pillo Hotel Galway)
Cost: FREE (includes full Irish Breakfast)
Booking: Contact Elaine Murphy at email@example.com or 091 563536
February Business After Hours hosted by QuickTec Computers
Galway Chamber is kicking off our new season of Business After Hours events with our February BAH hosted by QuickTec Computers.
This event is open to members of Galway Chamber and Guests and is an opportunity to network with your Chamber colleagues and make new business contacts.
Attendees who wish to do so will have the opportunity to take part in ‘Minute at the Mic’.
Date: Thursday, 25th February 2016
Venue: QuickTec Computers, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway
RSVP: Elaine Murphy on 091 563536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saving energy costs for your Business – practical workshop for all businesses
Understanding your electricity usage and bills is the key to achieving future improvements and savings. This short course will teach you how to:
• Read and understand your electricity bill
• Carry out an energy audit on your premises
• Implement no cost / low cost energy reduction methods
• Develop an action plan to achieve identified savings
• An initial desk top audit can be carried out for all attendee companies during the workshop, So that each participant can leave with a number of no cost/low cost energy saving ideas that they can implement immediately in their company.
• Real life case studies will be presented and discussed and full workshop materials will be provided. Please bring your bills with you on the day
Date: Tuesday, 8th March 2016
Time: 10am – 12.30pm
Venue: Galway Chamber
More details: email@example.com