The company wishes to recruit for the following positions:
1. LEADER DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Fixed term specific purpose contract to cover maternity leave
(Terminating December 31st 2019)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the East Galway Local Development Strategy for LEADER 2014-2020.
Based in the Athenry office and reporting to the LEADER Programme Manager and CEO, the LEADER Development Officer will be required to:
• ensure the delivery of the LDS in consultation with the LEADER Programme Manager and CEO and work in co-operation with the Supporting Partner, Financial Partner, Pobal and the Inspectorate
• advise and assist promoters in the development of their projects – from the initial idea stage to the application assessment process and assist promoters to meet funding drawdown criteria
• evaluate and monitor programme and project outcomes as required
• comply with the aims and objectives, policies and procedures of the organisation in the exercise of his/her duties.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant third-level qualification with practical experience of community development being a distinct advantage. They will have excellent communication and facilitation skills and experience of working with a wide range of individuals, community groups and statutory agencies. An in-depth knowledge of EU funded programmes, the factors associated with social disadvantage and the work of Galway Rural Development is essential for this position. S/he will be computer literate with strong reporting skills. A team player, s/he will be highly motivated with an ability to work on own initiative.
Written applications, together with 3 copies of a current C.V. should be sent to:
The CEO, Galway Rural Development Company, Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co. Galway.
Please mark envelope “C.V. – Confidential”
Closing date for applications: 5 p.m., April 30th 2019.
Job Description will be available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants should have a full clean driving licence, use of a car and be prepared to work hours suited to sector needs.